Some off-site recommended links including harmonica sites of interest, purchases, MIDI files, music theory, and additional links of interest.
SAMPLE VIDEO: Harmonica Lessons for Beginners
A simple playing tip to speed up your movement and add accuracy in single notes.
In this excerpt, Dave discusses some of the reasons for playing in either 1st Position or 2nd Position.
SAMPLE VIDEO: Advanced Harmonica Lessons
Dave explains how the concept of "Follow Through", as found in many sports, also applies directly to your breathing and airflow.
Learn the value of not just learning a scale up and down, but dividing it into smaller "bite-size" chunks, which can then be used as blues riffs.
Over 45 Hours of Video Lessons
Attend up to 12 Live Classes per Month
Attend up to 12 Live Classes per Month
- HarmonicaStore.com - You can buy harmonicas, amps, mics, guitars, harmonica cases, harmonica holders, and more. Looking for harmonica tab or harmonica songbooks? You can order it here online plus all kinds of music song books.
- Harmonica4Kids.com - A great place to get kids started playing harmonica. Suggestions and tips for parents and teachers to assist in children learning and having fun with harmonica. Free songs, playing tips, and instruction are included.
- Harmonica Club - "Offers a song and tab archive for blues harmonica. Also provides introductory lessons, message board, jokes, members area, and more."
- Harmonica Players of the World - An extensive listing of all the Harmonica Players found on the Web with links to their sites. You will find both pro and amatuer players, male and female, diatonic and chromatic players; plus the various groups, trios, and harmonica bands. These talented players and groups represent all styles of music from all eras.
- The Harp Styles of Bob Dylan - A Bob Dylan harmonica tab book. Along with lyrics and music, his solos are included in harmonica tablature.
Sourcebook of Little Walter/Big Walter Licks for Blues Harmonica - In this essential collection for blues harp players, author Tom Ball sets out to discuss, understand and demystify some of the playing of the phenomenal Walters: the legendary 'Big Walter' Horton and 'Little Walter' Jacobs. Includes a sampling of the best licks from each artist's repertoire, mapped out in easy-to-read harmonica tablature and played on CD by Ball.
- Sourcebook of Sonny Terry Licks for Blues Harmonica - By Tom Ball. As performed by Sonny Terry. Tab book and CD package.
- Masters Of The Chicago Blues Harp (book/CD) - "By David Barrett and Mel Bay. For diatonic harmonica. Classic Chicago Blues Harp. Level: Intermediate. Book/CD package. Transcribed solos for Charlie Musselwhite, William Clarke, James Cotton, and more."
- Harmonica Americana (2 CDs/book) - "Pull up a chair, pull out a harpoon, 'cause Jon "Doc" Gindick is going to teach you to beautifully play the American classics. 176 page book and two CDs make this a great way to learn to play songs and the harmonica."
- Complete Classic Chicago Blues Harp-CD Package - By David Barrett and Mel Bay. Instructional for blues diatonic harmonica. Classic Chicago blues harp style. Level: all levels. Book/CD package.
- Bob Dylan for Harmonica - Thirty all-time great songs by Bob Dylan arranged for harmonica. As you go through the book, the music is progressively more challenging. Please note that this book only has the melodies to his songs and does not include the tab for his solos and harmonica parts.
Blues Harmonica Collection - Over 40 classics from blues greats Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, James Dalton, Elmore James, John Brim, and Lester Davenport. Complete with an extensive introduction on how to play the pieces in this book. Pieces include: Boom, Boom (Out Go The Lights) * Blues With A Feeling * Help Me * Juke * I'm A Man * and many more.
- Irish and American Fiddle Tunes for Harmonica - A complete guide to playing fiddle tunes! Covers: tips on hand positions; playing instructions and techniques; rhythmic patterns for the reel, jig, hornpipe and waltz; and more. Features over 100 songs, along with a CD that demonstrates several of the tunes. Ability to read music is not necessary. By Glenn Weiser.
- Beatles Greatest Hits for Chromatic Harmonica - 27 songs arranged for Chromatic harmonica, including: Hey Jude * Michelle * Yesterday * Eleanor Rigby * And I Love Her * Norwegian Wood * and more. Please note that this book only has the melodies to their songs and does not include the tab for harmonica parts.