- How do I know what the Members Area is like without becoming a member first?- You are welcome to use our Samples and FREE Stuff to sample the website. The content samples in our Free Area are precisely what what you will find in the Members Area. The main difference is the massive amount of content available with membership (525 pages) vs. the samples you can use for free.
- Do you have an 800 number to sign-up by phone?- We apologize, but we are essentially a web-only business and not currently set up to handle your phone inquiries. If you have a question about membership or would prefer to sign-up by phone, you are welcome to include your phone number in our contact form and we will do our best to get back to you within 2 business days.
- How do I contact you?- Please use our Contact Us page. We will respond within 2 business days (typically, sooner).
- Secure Payment: Is my credit card transaction secure, if I subscribe online?- Absolutely. Please see below in the "Payment Info/Options" section for more info.
- Who runs HarmonicaLessons.com?- Dave Gage is the founder, author, chief programmer, and runs HarmonicaLessons.com along with his family members. HarmonicaLessons.com is part of his company, AYM Music. Click here for more information about Dave Gage.
- Who is AYM Music?- AYM Music is owned and run by Dave Gage and is the parent company for HarmonicaLessons.com, HarmonicaStore.com, Harmonica4kids.com and other harmonica websites. When you become a member at HarmonicaLessons.com or purchase one of our instruction products, you will see "AYM Music" as the company on your credit card bill.
- Is my transaction secure, if I subscribe online and use a Credit Card?- Absolutely. When you begin our sign-up process, you will see the address URL switch from "http" to "https" which means that your information is encrypted with 128-bit encryption and will travel securely over the Internet. Years ago, credit card security was a issue, but no longer.
- Who processes my Credit Card information?- Our credit card processor is Authorize.net. Click on the graphic below for more information.
- My Credit Card sign-up is not working, what is the problem?- The usual problems are an expired card, incorrect data input, or an AVS mis-match (Address Verification Service). Your name, card number, expiration date, and address information (where your credit card bill is mailed to) must be correct. If you feel your card is valid and up-to-date, please check with your bank to see if they can locate the problem. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Do I have to sign-up at PayPal if I want to use their payment services?- Yes. Signing up with PayPal is fairly easy and allows you to make payments online quite conveniently as well as securely. It's especially popular with those living ouside of the US who have trouble with getting their credit card to go through due to address-checking issues.
- What is the PayPal eCheck? Does it delay my entry into the Members Area?- A PayPal eCheck is an electronic funds transfer that withdraws money directly from your bank account. It's just like writing a check, only it is done electronically. The eCheck typically takes 4-5 business days from the initial sign-up to clear. At that time, your membership will then be activated automatically and you can then enter the Members Area.
- Can I pay by check?- Yes, you certainly can. Use our Contact Us page and include in your message that you would like to pay by check or money order. We will email you back the information. Keep in mind, credit card sign-up is quite secure and allows immediate access into the Members Area.
- I don't live in the USA, what are my payment options?- Your options are essentially the same as US residents—credit card, PayPal, check or Money Order. Many of our International members that have trouble using their credit card online, set up an account with PayPal which seems to make paying easier for them with US websites.
- How do the Monthly/Recurring Memberships work?- When you sign up for a Monthly/Recurring Membership, your credit card or PayPal account will be billed each period until you decide to cancel it. This is referred to as "auto-renewal". You are charged for a full period of membership (monthly or otherwise), you cannot pay for partial periods. If you do not choose to have a membership that automatically renews, you can choose a yearly non-renewing membership.
- All Recurring Memberships work the same- The rules that apply to recurring monthly memberships apply to all recurring memberships whether the recurring membership is monthly, quarterly, 4 month, 6 month, etc., they all work in the same way. You will pay initially for the first period and are then billed for a complete period until you cancel. There are no refunds for partial periods used.
- How is the non-auto renewing membership different?- If you do not choose to have a membership that automatically renews via PayPal or credit card, you can choose a yearly non-renewing membership. Once a yearly membership expires, you will be emailed a notice with the opportunity to renew, but a yearly membership does not renew automatically.
- Is it possible to upgrade from a monthly membership to a yearly membership?- Yes, but be sure to cancel the Monthly Membership first (otherwise it will continue to be billed), then you are welcome to upgrade with reduced member rates to a yearly membership. Both can be done via your "Manage Your Membership" page within the Members Area. See the FAQ, "How do I cancel my Monthly Membership?" for more details. Again, you MUST FIRST CANCEL THE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP, it is not cancelled automatically when upgrading to a yearly membership.
- When do I cancel my Monthly Membership?- Your membership will continue until canceled. You can cancel anytime or never. You don't have to call us, email us, or be hassled. You are billed for a full recurring period of membership, there are no refunds for partial periods. Cancel at any time prior to the beginning of your next renewal period/billing cycle, but it's best to do it at least 5-business days prior to your next billing cycle. If you wait or forget to cancel prior to the next billing cycle, you will be charged for the next billing period.
- How do I cancel my Monthly Membership?- All you need to do is to log in to the Members Area and then visit your personal "Manage Your Membership" page (you can also get there via the "My Account" link in the upper right Members Area box). Once on this page, scroll down to the bottom right side of the page for the "Your payment history" box and look for your membership type. It should be listed as "Monthly Membership". Then, click on the blue "Cancel" link directly below it. A window will then pop up that states, "Do you really want to cancel your subscription?: Click "OK". That's it. Once the current month of membership is complete, you will no longer be billed.
- What if forget to cancel my Monthly Membership?- You are responsible for the recurring charges until you decide to cancel. This is regardless of how much or little you use or access the website.
- I became a member, how come I have not received my lessons?- We apologize if you misunderstood, but we do not email lessons or send via postal mail any physical materials. We advertise and sell all our harmonica instruction content in the form of the HarmonicaLessons.com website. All you need to do is to log in to HarmonicaLessons.com and everything that you signed up for is available within our Members Area. Click here if you'd like to receive our free emailed Newsletter (which does include some tips as well as news).
- I paid and became a member, but I still can't use all of the content links?- This is most likely because you have not yet logged in. All you need to do is to log into the Members Area here at HarmonicaLessons.com and everything that you signed up for will be available. Click here to Login.