If you have a comment about this site, your experience here, or a suggestion for Harmonica Lessons.com, please visit our Contact Us
page and fill out our contact form. We cannot post all comments, but we do read each and every one.
- Hi there,
Some friends of mine asked me to start learning to play the harmonica so I
could join them in jam sessions "around the campfire". Well, I never
played the harmonica before nor had I ever held one. After some surfing I
found your site and it is great! Thanks to your site I think I'll be able
to get some usable sounds out of my "Hohner Special 20" (your advice by
the way, Lee Oskar I could not find) in Summer. Thanks again.
Ramon, the Netherlands, Amsterdam
- I live in Belorussia and we have absolutely no information on harmonica.
All that I have learned has been due to the Internet and your site to a great extent.
I persistently searched out useful information on the web, where there is many resources, but very little exact concrete information.
I accidentally found your site and in the past 3 months have learned to play.
I am play on a Tremolo Harmonica.
Thanks for the bounty with which you have presented us information.
- Thanks for a very useful and informative and FUN site. I recently picked up a harmonica on a whim, after a 15 year layoff, and I can't tell you how much the Harmonica Lessons Site has abetted my new passion.
I love you.
Chris M, Destin, FL
- I started to play harmonica as a kid and gave it up . Well here I am 30
years later and I'm hooked. I just found your web site and the tip on
bending (by tipping the harp). Can't wait to try it. I have been trying
moving my tongue back and not having a lot of luck.
Keep up the good work,
- I thought diatonic was a drink for
losing weight until I read your pages.
I printed out a good selection, and
will practice, using them as a manual.
It adds a lot of fun when there's
- Just want you to know I found your website and it has me SO jazzed
about learning to play the harmonica. I just bought some for my 2 and 4 year old sons to play around with,
but I am
having such fun playing with them that this may become a passion.
Thomas M. Krapu, Ph.D. (Tom)
- Words can't express what I think about this site.
THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS.`
Rodrigo - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
- Thanks for the web site. I have never had formal lessons or had never
been in contact with anybody to really tell me or show me what I'm doing
right or wrong. But over the course of 20 years of on again off again playing,
I somehow learned how to do things quite well in most areas. When I
purchased my computer I went to your site to learn more. The thing
surprised me the most was that I knew most of what you had written and
explained in very understandable languge. The song lists are great and
I can't wait to download some music to learn new riffs. Thank you very
much for expanding my knowledge and confidence with your imput.
Keep on jamming,
for this site
- Thanks for the web site. Interesting stuff. I am just starting to play out and have some fun jamming. I need to practice more scales and riffs to get more control and discipline.
Have a great day.
- I did a search for "how to play the harmonica" on Lycos or Excite and your page
was one of the first to come up. I've told everyone about it too.
P.S. It is pretty good. It's the best harmonica page I've found so far
- Found the site entirely by accident. Having given up guitar at an
early age and always been intrigued by the harmonica, I have
decided to give it a try. Hopefully harp playing begins at 40!!!
- Hey... just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put up that
information you have on harmonica playing. I have read many books and been
practicing for about a year now and so far that stuff you put up has helped
me the most!
- I have been struggling with a "method" that does not give any detail on
technique, so this site is greatly appreciated. I will try your
- G'day my name is Rick from Australia. I was quite proficient at guitar
years ago and we played some Van Halen, Eric Clapton, etc.But haven't even
got a guitar in the house any more. My wife bought me a diatonic harp
for xmas and I'm hooked! I can't wait till I can play a little better. I'm going to use the stuff on your page which is a great help!
- Thanks for such fast feedback. I look at you as a pro with Harps and You
will be hearing from me again.
- I'M 16 FEMALE AND I AM BROWN EYES BROWN HAIR 5'4
FEET TALL 80 POUNDS AND I
WEAR GLASSES I LOVES TO PLAY MY HARMONICA EVERY DAY.
SO JUST E-MAIL ME BACK OKAY BYE. =)
- I am definitely a beginner on the harmonica and
do a fair amount of practicing, but feel, for me,
that playing along with songs is the most enjoyable
way to go. Problems with that include not knowing
what key, 1st or 2nd position, the song is in and
trying to figure it out before it's over, especially
on the radio. Also, not having bought 12
harmonicas, I'm limited to what I can play which is understandable. I did read what harmonicas to purchase 1st when playing mostly blues and rock and roll songs. That should help alot. Is there a way to find out what keys the songs on a CD are played in so as to know in advance? Specifically, I enjoy Clapton's "From the Cradle" and would love to know the keys of those songs to be able to play along. Any answers to my verbose questions? Anyway, I really appreciate this website and keep referring back to it for help in learning the harmonica for someone not previously schooled in music. Thanks for your time.
If you just haven't had enough 'comment' reading for one day, click back to the Main Comment Page to continue your quest.