Re: Palm computer users... and a thought on 5th position

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by brian on August 09, 2001 at 16:10:37:

In Reply to: Palm computer users... and a thought on 5th position posted by Bill on August 08, 2001 at 23:02:57:

: First off, for all who use a Palm OS handheld computer, I've got some advances playing tips, tricks, lessons available to view on the Palm (Pilot, III, Handspring....) Just request by email: harp4bluz@yahoo.com

: While listening to Satan & Adam's Living on the River CD, I was trying to play like Adam Gussow (sure I believe in miracles!).. I finally figured the first song "No More Doggin'" isn't played in cross harp, but 5th positon. That is: on a C harp, using E as the tonic note - The E blues (pentatonic scale is: E G A B D) This requires a full step bend on #3 draw - the 1/2 step Bb is a nice passing tone too - otherwise skip the F note (C can be used for texture here and there)... Some great blues can be done in this postion! I'm having fun with it and thought I should pass it on

: If you have any questions on playing 5th postion (2nd, 3rd, or 4th for that matter) Just put your question to HarmonicaLessons.com message board, and LEARN!

: Having fun...still

: Bill
: www.geocities.com/mottabona/Harmonica.html

in response to your post about satan and adam. my favorite track on that cd is "pick up the pieces of my life". gussow wails some mean solos on it. am i correct that it's in 3rd pos on a D harp? i try to jam to it to no avail. i don't have 3rd pos. down yet. any tips on how to play that one? thanks.-Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]