Posted by Nick on November 13, 2002 at 07:57:50:
The cats left home, my wife and kids are pleading with me to shut up,I'm even dreaming about it at night....yer you've guest it overblowing
So here's some questions that may help me and other players
1) Without using the age old 2draw excuse could it be the harmonica? I'm using a marine band in the keys of a/b/c/d to practice
2) Some pages on the net talk about taking the cover off and covering the blow reed, 6 for example,then blowing into the hole until the draw reed sounds. I've tried this but I get no sound at all
3) These pages also talk about adjusting the gap between the reeds(still not sure what there on about here.) Does this affect the note when playing a normal blow? Should these drastic measures be left to the more professional?
4) I do get some sort of note change on the higher notes 8,9,10, as the air seems to tighten(if you know what I mean) when I push my tongue forward when blowing.But as the air flowing though hole 6 or lower is more free when I push my tongue forward I get some dip in pitch but not the "pop" they talk about
5) Finally, is there any chance of setting up overblow meetings, where we all sit in a circle and someone gets up and says "Hi my names Nick and I haven't done an overblow for three months now". Followed by weldone and a round of applaus from everyone!!
Thanks to all
Post a Followup