Re: I need help!

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by stephen gregory on April 15, 2002 at 16:09:54:

In Reply to: I need help! posted by MAZ on April 15, 2002 at 15:30:27:

: Hey guys,
: I have been offered my first gig by my AP Government teacher, the school is hosting a local Arts, Beats, and Eats Festival. Granted, the gig was offered to me while I was talking about playing my guitar, but nonetheless, I have decided to include my trusty Marine Band in C. I have a harmonica-holder and all, so that's not the problem. Here is the problem: I have composed some blues on my guitar, and it sounds pretty good, BUT I'm not sure how to include my harmonica. I was thinking that I could let the guitar do the talking during the riffs, but accompany with the harmonica during the chords, and then make way for a harmonica solo. The only problem with that is, I don't read music, or have any real theory background, and I don't know what holes to blow or draw into when I am strumming a G7th chord. Please help! Thanks so much for reading this the whole way through, and thanks in advance for the help.
: -MAZ
HI MAZ,
Try an intro using both guitar and harp,,use your C harp in 2nd position..this will be the key G on your guitar..sing your lyrics and fill in the gaps with little fills on the harp..a harp solo in the middle but not to long....there are some backing tracks on this site in G..I'd suggest you start there...I'ts great to improvise to...as regards G7 chords..just play your harp and if it sounds right it is right...good luck..Steve.

Hi MAZ,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]