My Note On Your Comments (and more)

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Webmaster- Harmonica Lessons.com on April 13, 2002 at 03:14:30:

In Reply to: Re: Beginning Harmonica music...... posted by Cinciti on April 12, 2002 at 10:34:25:

First of all, I want to thank all of you Message Board regulars that take the time and have the patience to answer what appears to be the same 3 or 4 beginner's questions repeatedly. We sincerely appreciate your help.

Each week, we receive 75-150 emails asking us these same 3 or 4 questions you see here on the board. We respond with time-honed, carefully crafted responses that answer their question and lead them to additional information on the site. Even copying and pasting these reponses gets old, but we try to give people the benefit of the doubt before assuming otherwise. (By the way, on a daily basis, we also receive numerous emails expressing support and thanks, plus many more with miscellaneous questions.)

Regarding visitors entering this site, our stats show that the overwhelming majority enter through the homepage. Most of the rest enter the site via the TABS page or the SONGS page, which are common queries at search engines. The few that seem to enter the site through the Message Board, most likely have it bookmarked (like myself).

As many of you know, we've gone out of our way to make finding the most basic info and answers to common questions as easy as possible on this site. I've concluded that a certain percentage of people are just not willing to look for themselves, they'd rather someone did it for them. After receiving literally thousands of these kinds of emails, it gets a bit frustrating to say the least. We hang in there, I hope you will too.
=====================================================

[CHANGING THE SUBJECT NOW]
We apologize for the use of ad banners and popup windows throughout the site, but it's been proven that without them, we couldn't afford to keep the site up. We're planning on Harmonica Lessons.com instruction books, audio CDs, video tapes, live seminars, and possible Phone Instruction later this year to generate income, but in the meantime, our only financial support is through your contributions and use of our affiliate Store. Once we have our own products to sell, the Contributions page will be removed.

Harmonica Lessons.com brings in 30,000 unique visitors each month who partake in our instruction. We are without a doubt, the biggest and most frequented harmonica-related site in the world. Since we only make a small percentage of the sale price of purchases through our Store and have avoided forced membership fees, we look for our frequent visitor's to contribute to support the site.

Last month, March 2002, out of 30,000 site visitors, there were 4 contributions made through our Amazon Honor System page. (We'll make an official post later this week asking for more support, 'cause frankly, we're hurting a bit).

I think that's about it, if you would like to directly respond to anything you've read here, send me an email by clicking above on the "Posted by Webmaster- Harmonica Lessons.com" link. One way or another, we answer each and every email we receive (even the ones asking the same 3 or 4 questions).

Play on,
Webmaster

*P.S. On a personal note- There have been less new additions and upgrades to the site lately due to a major illness in my immediate family and also because I'm getting married in 2 weeks and already have a baby on the way (it wasn't the order we planned on but everything's great). Did I mention we just moved my fiancee in, and my recording studio is now the baby's room? Look for some Harmonica Lessons.com "N E W Stuff!!" in late May or June.
=====================================================

: I wonder if some of these people even know there is more to this site. I think that sometimes they type in harmonica information into their search engine and it gives a link to this message board. Although at the top of the message board there are links to take you to other pages of harmonicalessons.com, the first thing you notice are signs of a message board. White background, underlined blue lettering, Follow Ups, Post Followup. And if you're looking specifically for a message board in the first place, I think you'll be less inclined to notice anything else. Personally, I rarely notice whatās at the top of a web page because 90% of the time itās an advertisement. I know it's common etiquette to read the FAQ of a message board before joining the discussion, but since there are so many new internet users, I donāt think everybody knows that. Just for the record, Iām not trying to jump on you Craig. This has nothing to do with you. Itās just that this seems to happen so much, I think there are other reasons besides laziness that this happens so much. Just a thought.

: Did you even look at this site at all before posting. Seek and you shall find.

: : : I am in need of some beginning music for a simple Hohner C Harmonica...If you know where to get any or if you have some please post here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]