*cough*

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by nathan on March 10, 2002 at 00:37:33:

In Reply to: Re: Polls posted by Bluzharper on March 02, 2002 at 19:21:06:

Hey now, I gotta disagree wholeheartedly on this one! I've listened to a good share of sonny boy williamson, sonny terry, paul butterfield, james cotton, etc...... and I've NEVER heard anyone who has the ability to do the sustained solo's of incredible speed that John Popper can do. I defy you to tell me that Popper has no talent.

Do not to impose your own musical tastes (or lack thereof) on others. I like the fast paced ROCK/blues of Blues Traveler, and thus made that my choice. I'm not saying that the others aren't excellent or perhaps even better harpists (I absolutely LOVE paul butterfield) but that doesn't mean that I'd rather sound like them. I think we can all agree that Mozart was a better pianist than Elton John, but that doesn't mean I'd want to emulate HIS style either.

How in Zeus's butthole can you judge people's PERSONAL GOALS!?

I know I'm coming off as abrasive, but I am sick and tired of people not respecting others opinions. The mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain an idea without accepting it. Just because someone disagree's with you, doesn't mean you can dismiss their opinion completely. Well, you can......it just makes you look like a close minded fool.

God, I need to go to bed. Long day.

-nathan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]