Re: Overthinking Again

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on December 04, 2001 at 06:03:31:

In Reply to: Overthinking Again posted by Jezzmund on December 03, 2001 at 17:53:43:

Tough situation. Maybe you could have approaced the new player, buyer and informed him of this site where he could learn more about the different types of harps. Since he already owns a wood comb harp, if he buys a plastic comb harp he will be able to experience the difference for himself. Not a bad harping lesson in itself.

: Was at my local music shop today (browsing for Xmas gifts--for me!). A guy came in looking for a beginner harp. The owner grabbed a Marine Band in C out of the case explaining that it was the harp on which every harp that followed was based. True enough, but I think he did the guy a disservice by not explaining the different types (he has a good selection). I desperately wanted to jump in and tell the guy to buy a Special 20, but didn't want to undermine the owner (who may well know shitloads more about harps than me. I felt that at least I should have told the owner that perhaps he didn't serve his customer as well as he might have. Instead, I decided to mind my own frigging business. What would/should you/I do in this situation?
: Wondering,
: Jezz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]