Re: another damaged harmonica question....

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Blues Lover on August 01, 2001 at 07:19:07:

In Reply to: another damaged harmonica question.... posted by notPopper on July 31, 2001 at 19:22:43:

It's not the harmonica. The 2 draw is a difficult note on all harps that I'm aware of. Relax your mouth, allow for the maximum possible space for the sound to resonate, and draw from your diaphragm and not your mouth. Another thing that helps with 2 draw (though it may be bad technique) is keeping your nasal passages open while you draw on that particular hole. I don't know why, but that makes it sound better. It'll start sounding just fine with practice.

You played a harp that John Popper played? Ewwww... I would have stuck it in a glass display case forever. :)

: I know that this has been asked on different occasions, but I guess its now my turn. I have a Hohner Special 20 C harmonica (recently purchased...still have receipt) that I "think" may have a bad reed in blow hole 2 when breathin in....sounds terrible. The reason I'm not sure is that I have another Special 20 Df (which I caught from J.Popper at a Blues Trav concert) that has the same problem. What are the odds that the only two harps I have experiencing the same bad reed problem. I am a beginner, so I am open to the idea I'm not breathing right. Thanks in advance!

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]