Re: No sound - I agree with you in principle but ...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Larry A on July 11, 2001 at 12:32:22:

In Reply to: Re: No sound posted by Patrick J. McKenna on July 10, 2001 at 17:51:41:

: To keep this short, I will get straight to the point: a harmonica is a serious instrument (not a toy). The purchase of a harmonica should be considered just as serious as the purchase of any other instrument. At the risk of again repeating myself, keep the sales reciept, just in case...and if you discover that your harmonica is defective...get it replaced...by the dealer...and if you can't get it replaced, get your money back.
: Wishing you success in your endeavors,
: Patrick

I agree with this philosophy but I just bought two Lee Oskars from Farrell's. Both have gapping problems. I fixed it on one but have not yet fixed the other one. I got a note with the harmonicas saying not to even attempt to return them. Go directly to the manufacturer. And I saw a similar warning at Coast-to-Coast. At least they warn you up front on their site. Farrell didn't do that. They wait till you receive the order when it's too late. I don't want to, first of all, "prepay" the postage and secondly, have to deal with the manufacturer myself. I feel that is the retailer's job. Obviously they have much more leverage than I do. If they voice dissatisfaction, the manufacturer stands to lose many orders, not just my few a year. So rather than go through the hassle of trying to return them, I simply opened the covers and adjusted the gaps on the three offending reeds. Not even knowing what I was doing, I succeeded in solving the problem myself. As one other guy posted, the LO "repair kit" is probably mostly so the user can correct what QA missed. What I don't like is the cost of that kit. Given that it is virtually necessary, it should be sold at a much lower price. A price lower than the harmonica, not higher.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]