Re: Another amp/mic question and recording question

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on May 17, 2001 at 06:38:02:

In Reply to: Another amp/mic question and recording question posted by Wes on May 16, 2001 at 19:58:21:

Wes,
I use a Danecho with a Kevins Harp Crystal Ball mic into a Bassman Reissue. I love that mic, pricey but worth it IMHO. I also have a Shure 58 a 57 a 545switched and an Astatic jt-30 an Astatic Velvet Voice I built myself. Now if I could just learn to play these dam Harps. :>) A cheap fun little practice amp can be found at WWW.musicyo.com $19 bucks and it can be plugged in or will take a 9 volt battery. This amp really sounds cool and you can do the street musician thing with it. As far as recording, keep your mic below the harp for acoustic recording and this will cut down on the nose snorts you pick up on the tape. As far as distortion pedals, youre looking at Feedback Monsters when using a mic into a guitar amp. Ive heard good things about the Pod6 but I have no personel experience with it. One of the best practice amps Ive had is a Danelectro Nifty Fifty. This is the best solid state amp for that Chicago sound and can be purchased thru this site. Hope this helps some and Good Luck..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]