Re: Multiple Harmonicas

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on March 28, 2001 at 14:22:23:

In Reply to: Re: Multiple Harmonicas posted by John on March 28, 2001 at 13:26:13:

: So obviously you perform in public. That's pretty cool. How long did it take before you were good enough and had the courage to get up in front of a crowd to perform? I think that would be fun but I'm not sure I've got the guts to do that. My hat's off to you!

John, I played guitar and knew the changes in most 1 4 5 songs, Sweet Home Chicago, Kansas City ect. I practiced harp a lot, I mean a lot, and I still have a lot to learn. When you stop learning why bother. I think harp is a lot like guitar, you can learn a lot in a hurry, then you hit these walls, learning to bend, over blows, ect. In my case the one and only way for me to improve was to really make a commitment to practice. At work, in the car, and to really listen to other players and visualize what they were doing. When you hit those walls attack them from every angle and dont give up. I think youll know when youre ready to get up and jam. Play along to Cds ect when you know the changes, know when not to solo, like when someone is singing or someone else is soloing, one thing that helped a lot was to record my self playing. A good Blues jam should be a learning experience not a competition. It took me about a year, and like I said I played guitar before and practiced harp a lot. I know of players who take less time and some more. Keep it simple, keep it tasteful and dont over play. Play for yourself. Be kind to everyone, even that jerk whos guitar is way too loud. Youll meet him I promise.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]