Re: harmonica in hardcore?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on November 25, 2002 at 09:18:40:

In Reply to: harmonica in hardcore? posted by -micah- on November 24, 2002 at 16:38:14:

: I am getting together an experimental hardcore band with funk and blues influences. I also want to use a harmonica but i am not shure if a special harmonica is needed for a harder sound.... what kinda guy who plays harmonica would listen to hardcore ....probly no one but that will soon change when i start a crazy revolution

Hey Micah...
What kinda guy who plays harmonica would listen to classics?
What kinda guy who plays harmonica would listen to soul?
What kinda guy who plays harmonica would listen to jazz?
Have you ever heard of Robert Bonfiglio?
Surely you've not only of heard Stevie Wonder, but have heard him playing chromatic harmonicas on his many hits (his first was "Fingertips," which he recorded at the age of 12.
How about Toots Thielemans?
What about Tommy Reilly? Howard Levy?Kim Wilson?Lee Oskar? John Popper?
Well, I'm sure that I could easily go on these few questions and on to twenty questions or turn this into an interrogation...
My guess is that it's not so much a special harmonica (as long as you have a decent one) that you need to be concerned with, but the amplification equipment.
Maybe you will be the next harmonicist to make a big impact on the music scene.
When you start what you call "a crazy revolution," give yourself some credit. It's imagination, vision along with some gig smarts that can make a big difference.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]