Re: Who have you been listening to lately?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on November 16, 2002 at 21:28:16:

In Reply to: Who have you been listening to lately? posted by bluz on November 15, 2002 at 06:26:11:

:
: For me its been,

: Steve Guyger, a great talent, with some very interesting position playing.

: Kim Wilson, found some real old stuff of his with the T-Birds, A CD titled "Whats the Word?"

: Johnny Reed and the House Rockers, this guy will be the next Huey Lewis, IMHO, a true Bluesman, but is doing some Great crossover material that can best be described as Party Dance Music. His band has a Sax, and when the two of them light it up, it cant be beat. They are a five piece band from Toledo... Awesome...

: Hey Who You Listening To These Days??

Hey Bluz,
Most recently, the harmonicists (and CD recordings) that I've been listening to have been Kim Wilson (the "Tigerman" CD), Charlie McCoy ("The Real McCoy" CD) and Ray Thomas ("The Moody Blues Collection" CD).
Kim Wilson and his incredible harmonica playing is, of course legendary.
Charlie McCoy has contributed his musical skills in both the forefront and in the background. Some of his many accomplishments, not known to many, include playing guitar and bass on some of Bob Dylan's earlier (1960's)landmark rock recordings and later as the music director of the TV program Hee Haw.
Ray Thomas is one of the musical geniuses of the Moody Blues and one of the group's original members. Like so many of the hitmaking bands of the "British Invasion" who rode in behind the Beatles, the Moody Blues featured a lot more dominant harmonica in their earlier recordings (Check out the LP with their first hit "Go Now").
Next time the question: Who have you been listening to lately? is posted, I should have a different answer! As always, I'll be
Wishing you success in your endeavors
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]