Re: Busking

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on November 15, 2002 at 18:34:46:

In Reply to: Busking posted by Nate on November 13, 2002 at 19:30:11:

: With Christmas coming up I'll hit the steets again and do a little busking. I'll sing and play a few bluesy christmas carols. "Whats busking I hear some of you say?"
: Well it's street preformance, live and uncensored. Usually people passing by will want to offer coins, sometimes hoping the busker will either take requests or pack up and go home!
: Who of you have been busking?
: What has been your experiences, good - bad?
: Which songs work best?
: Any tips/ideas?

Hey Guys,

Although I have no experience "busking," I certainly have memories of Bonnie Scotland's buskers.

From my two tours of duty in Scotland, I remember a variety of performers around the Green Oak Mall in Greenock. As lousy as the weather usually was, they usually entertained in a tunnel beneath the road.

The buskers played for tips. Often they would place an open guitar case with a few dollar and pound notes to hint that paper money was acceptable.

However, I think most of those who were generous to toss some money in the case used small coins to pay for the otherwise free entertainment.

It looked like a fun way to make some extra cash, but being on active duty with the U.S.Navy, I never tried it out. Most of my band gigs were club engagements in the evenings.

If any of you want to give busking a try, play it safe and make sure that you won't be in violation of any of the local laws.

Wishing you success in your endeavors,

Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]