Re: victory harmonica

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on November 10, 2002 at 22:35:02:

In Reply to: victory harmonica posted by denist49 on November 09, 2002 at 18:50:11:

: I am new to harmonicas and got caught up in getting an harmonica that could play blues, jazz ,rock and classical. So, I am not sure I did right thing.
: I got a 24 cord harmonica from Victory. Was this a
: mistake?

Hey Denist49,
I too have a Victory Harmonica. It's cheap and the reeds are delicate. Unlike most diatonic harmonicas (i.e., Marine Band, Blues Harp, Special 20, etc.), which normally have 10 holes (with the 1st position scale beginning at hole #4), the Victory Harmonica has 12 holes (with the 1st position scale beginning at hole #1). In addition to the cardboard box, the harmonica is wrapped in wax paper, with the following message:
"We are grateful for your preference for VICTORY HARMONICA, which is produced honourably by Shanghai General Harmonica Plant."
In my honest opinion, the manufacturers' English is not much better than the harmonica.
I concur with the advice that this site and the other contributors for beginners. (Personally, my favorite is the Hohner Special 20.)
Welcome to our family. Have fun.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]