Re: Intermediate lessons

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bill Phelb on November 05, 2002 at 15:50:50:

In Reply to: Intermediate lessons posted by TPC on November 05, 2002 at 08:03:32:

Go to the Store here and pickup this up. It's very good. Here is the store description:

Blues Harmonica Masterclass (3-CD Box Set)- "Contains 3 hours of personal instruction from famous harmonica man Jerry Portnoy. Comes packed in a sturdy case containing 3 CDs and a book. With more than 300 playing examples at slow and regular speed, along with coaching and explanations, this is a very comprehensive blues harmonica instruction set. At the end of the course are 9 guitar tracks to play along with." Our thoughts: This box set will certainly benefit intermediate and advanced players, but even beginners can start listening and learning from Chicago blues legend Jerry Portnoy. This instructional requires a standard key of "A" diatonic harmonica.
: Hello friends,

: Any recommendations on a good intermediate level instructional book/CD to pick up on this site? I have gone through Blue Barry Faust CD with John Gindick, Which I found to be fantastic. My skill level is to the point where I can play up and down the blues scale pretty well, bend all the notes, trills, octaves, throat vibrato, do some improvision, and pick up basic blues solos that I hear and understand what they are playing, (what holes and such). I feel like I'm playing the same things over and over though and need to add to my bag of tricks. What's the next step besides practice, practice, practice.

: All the best, TPC

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]