Re: "Guitar ear" vs "Harmonica ear"......& Yardbirds ?..

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by james on August 01, 2002 at 18:29:57:

In Reply to: "Guitar ear" vs "Harmonica ear"......& Yardbirds ?.. posted by Dave B on August 01, 2002 at 15:42:13:

: I've been trying to play along with CDs----sometimes
: I'll be able to figure things out.....& sometimes I feel totally lost. I've been playing guitar for about 8 months now vs. around 8 weeks for the harp. My ear
: with guitar seems a lot better than my ear with the harp. I was thinking of figuring out the notes of a tune with the guitar--then playing along with the harp-------does this make sense or am I whacked?????

:
: Also----any sites around with Yardbirds tabs.....esp----Smokestack Lightning----I wish you Would------ Thx--Dave

: Drawing to much on 7-8-9-10 holes will cause nothing or a faint whine away from the natural note .. just relax if this happens .. keep drawing
it will sound something like a hammer-on effect
See you have 60 hz (cycles) of wave length 360
degrees and the notes are on the 180 above or the 180 below other wise you zero out .. it also sounds a lot like when the power has been turned
back on in some of those Star Trek episodes.
Other wise just breathe in and put your effort
when your blowing in these holes to get the little birdie sounds by pitching to the next note
..sounds like sliding your finger on a guitar string from one fret to another one and back if you want...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]