Re: My Questions?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Slip Kid on June 26, 2002 at 09:56:29:

In Reply to: My Questions? posted by Bluzharper on June 22, 2002 at 07:06:44:

: What got you interested in harmonica?

-Well Rod, GTLee and Bender ALL great responses being that I share some of the same reasons. I actually picked up my first Honer Bluesband from a family gift exchange (from my 8 year old niece!) 2 years ago and still remember the sound of the first few chords I blew. I thought to myself, "this fits!" Loved the fact that it was 'portable' music. I hardly listen to my radio anymore in my car, unless I'm harpin' to something. (Passer by's love it!) Also loved how those old barstool harpers spoke through it with such ease. Had the ability to hit a note to pull that empathy right outta' ya. My Pops taught me bout' the blues in that thats where pain poored from the bottle to the bossom with passion. Now it's strickly old school blues for me - J. Wells, Buddy Guy, Big Walter Horton, Sonny Boy Williamson, and every 'Slim' that ever held a harp, etc. The inspirations still washing o're me! I look forward to Gindick and the Portnoy lessons soon.

PepperBox - Sonny Terry/Brownie Mcghee melt me every time!

: Ever get in a musical rut? How do you get out?

I'm an illustrator by nature, so I can only advise artistically, rather than musically. But I go to museums and look at the masters work. Those who went against the grain, as well as those who defined it. Inspiration usually can be found somewhere in between.

Top notes - keep mad harpin'!!

the Kid

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]