Re: Everyone should respond to this.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Weekend Bender on June 25, 2002 at 07:15:18:

In Reply to: My Questions? posted by Bluzharper on June 22, 2002 at 07:06:44:

: What got you interested in harmonica?
: Forgive me for not knowing all the harp players from these bands but I can remember hearing harp all my life. From Blood Sweat and Tears, WAR (Lee Oskar), Doobie Brothers, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffet (Fingers Tayler), Magic Dick, mostly radio stuff. I bought a harp and tried (unsuccessfully) to copy it. 20 years later I heard Norton Buffalo, John Popper and then saw Bruce Willis do this jazy or bluesy type thing that at the time totally blew me away. I got to see Fingers Taylor, I wasn't ready for this show. I thought we were going to hear Buffet type tunes but he played with "Johnny Reed and the House Rockers". Two weeks later I saw Charlie Musselwhite, WOWWWWWwwwwww!!!. I've been hooked on Blues and any harp ever since. This isn't a complete list of all my favorites and obviously nor is it any kind of a who's who in harmonica, its just kinda the road that brought me here.

: Ever get in a musical rut? How do you get out?
For me to get into a rut would mean that I can do all the things that these great artists can do. I can't imagine ever being that good.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]