Re: missing draw

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Shaggy on June 18, 2002 at 20:47:09:

In Reply to: Re: missing draw posted by SlipKid on June 16, 2002 at 23:50:52:

: I'm trying to hit the 3rd hole draw on my brand new Lee Oscar Akey harp, and it seems to be more 'muffled' or leaking more air than the 2 or 4 hole. It almost doesn't want to blow properly either. I have to strain to hit the draw note loud enough to sound normal, and bending is twice as difficult. I'm wondering cause this is the lowest key, that it just may be the nature of the harp. But this is my first A key, so I'm not really sure. The odd thing is that the two lower holes (1 & 2) hit fine on both blow and draw. So, what's the problem with my #3 hole?

First of all, A is not the lowest key. You're forgetting G and the lower octave tuned harps.

But as for your problem; it's your fault. You have to change your embouchure to suit the harp. All standard Richter tuned harps are hard to get right on hole 3. It's the nature of the beast. You have to make sure your embouchure is correct: not too tense, nice and relaxed, channelling air through the harp at just the right angle, etc..

The key of the harp makes a big difference too. Different keys, and, to a very minor extent, different brands and models, do react differently. You have to change your embouchure accordingly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]