Re: Hitting all the 3-draw Bends??

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on June 14, 2002 at 13:03:57:

In Reply to: Hitting all the 3-draw Bends?? posted by CanHarp on June 14, 2002 at 06:25:58:

Your doing great! You have a good start because you can hit that bottom 3 draw bend. I think that playing harp requires us to use muscles that the non-harper does not use. I think that hitting bends is a matter of fine muscle development and control. In order to get those intermediate bends (1st or 2nd bend down from natural 3 draw), start out by hitting and holding the bottom bend. See how long you can hold it and keep it sounding great. Your muscles will probably wear out in five minutes or less. After you get good at this, start "fishing around" for those intermediate bends. I think that the first bend is easier than the second. When you hit one of those intermediate bends, see how long you can hold it and keep it sounding good. At first you might only catch it for a second or two. It may take you quite some time to get a good sounding intermediate bend. That's just plain old normal. By doing these exercises you will be developing muscle and muscle memory. You WILL get it and it will sound great. Have fun!

Ron

: I use a chromatic tuner to see how well I'm doing bending. I can hit all the proper notes but I can only hit the full two-note bends or higher. Like on the 3 draw bend, I can only hit the lowest bent note. Not all 3. Is there any suggestions you guys can offer for better controlling the bends?

: THANKS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]