Re: Sweet Home Chicago - Bluz

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on May 14, 2002 at 09:19:47:

In Reply to: Sweet Home Chicago - Bluz posted by Steve on May 14, 2002 at 01:19:09:

: Hey Bluz, any tips on playing Sweet Home Chicago?
: It's one of my favourite blues tunes, and I'm getting married next year and would love to play it at the reception.
: Any advice would be much appreciated.
: Thanks, and keep up the great work!

The song is like the "Louie Louie" of the Blues, everyone does it. I would say find a version you like and Listen,Listen,Listen, pick it apart lick by lick. Playing octaves works great for the rhythm. If your hiring a band for the reception, make that part of the deal, find out what key they play it in so you have the right harp, and try to get a practice in.Try out the vocal mic first and be sure theres no feedback when you cup it with the harp. Nothing turns a crowd off like feedback. Be sure and play it before you get too...., let's say Happy. ;>)
Ive seen some pretty ugly harp playing by Happy People... They think they sound great, cause there drunk. Most of the Blues Improv licks on this site can be used to get you going. I hate to repeat myself but if your going to play Blues listen to Blues. It works, honest......Best of Luck and Congratulations.......bluz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]