Re: Anyone know of songs that feature someone playing LEE OSKAR harps??

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on April 30, 2002 at 03:32:03:

In Reply to: Anyone know of songs that feature someone playing LEE OSKAR harps?? posted by HarpinCanada on April 29, 2002 at 11:03:07:

A little while ago somebody on this message board recommended the CD "Buddy Guy and Junior Wells Alone and Acousitic." Well, being a Buddy Guy and Junior Wells fan I heeded the advice and bought the CD that day. Junior Wells plays LO harps throught the entire CD. There is even a picture of a LO harp on the cover! Almost all songs are in the key of E (A harp for cross harp). My recommendation is that if you like these two gents and you like delta blues (yep, they play delta blues, not Chicago blues on this CD) then you should run, not walk to your favorite CD store and buy this CD. It is killer!!!! One of the things that I like most about the CD is that it is not over-engineered like so many recordings are today. The essence of these great musicians is beautifully captured in this recording. I'm wearing laser grooves into my copy.

: Obviously Lee Oskars recent records feature him playing LO's...but does anyone know of any other, rock or blues, songs that they know FOR SURE are being played with a LO harp??

: THANKS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]