Re: suzuki valved promaster/overdrive

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Tom on April 22, 2002 at 02:26:58:

In Reply to: suzuki valved promaster/overdrive posted by darryl on April 21, 2002 at 16:56:47:

I have tried the valved promaster, and found it very easy to bend all the notes. Nice harp, nice and airtight, nice sound, etc. Just as good as the Meisterklasse but half the price. I can easily play a chromatic scale on it using the valved bends. Downside is that you can't overblow on it, and I have found that the valves rattle quite a lot. They tend to start to lift off the reed slot after a short while, and I have had to replace a couple already. In fact, unless you're particularly attached to the promaster, and all you want is a valved diatonic, just get your favourite harp and valve it! There are instructions all over the web - I think Pat did some in his FAQ section at http://www.patmissin.com (a great website). No experience with the Overdrive as yet, but I have spoken to a few people who have tried it and not liked it. However, I reckon that you just need to get used to it, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Bit pricey though.
Anyway, that's my 2cents.
All the best,
Tom Arnold.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]