Re: WHY!!!!???

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Stan Besaw on October 02, 2002 at 17:55:16:

In Reply to: WHY!!!!??? posted by Jeff on October 02, 2002 at 14:05:20:

The F# is there so that you can play the major scale in 2nd pos. Here is the description from the store on this site:

"The Lee Oskar "Melody Maker" Diatonic- Don't be confused. This is not a standard tuned diatonic and it is not what we recommend for beginners. This is a special purpose harmonica. The "Melody Maker" tuned diatonic is made specifically to be played in the 2nd position and is used for songs where a complete major scale is available while playing in the 2nd position. It's a little confusing, but the key of the harmonica is the key for the 2nd position playing. Typically, the key of the harmonica is the same as the 1st position playing, but not in this case (same as the "Natural Minor" listed above). If you would like to play to a song that is in the key of "A" and use the 2nd position, you would need to buy the key of "A" "Melody Maker" and stick with only your 2nd position riffs. This is a great harmonica for playing melodies in the 2nd position so you can take advantage of the bending capabilities on the low draw notes."

: I'm really interested in the Lee Oskar Melody Maker harmonica, and will probably be getting one this week. Now, I understand why they made the 3 blow an "A note" on a "C" harp, instead of the already available "G note", but I can't figure out why the heck they made the 5 and 9 draw "F# notes" instead of just "F notes"??

: Cause with them being "F#" instead of "F", does that not make it impossible to play a lot of already learned favorite melodies??

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]