Re: Bluz,Help Question?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluz on September 22, 2002 at 13:14:29:

In Reply to: Bluz,Help Question? posted by mark on September 22, 2002 at 12:41:00:

Mark,
I would recommend learning the licks on the Improv page, next put in some time listening to slow blues songs, I can almost guarantee you will hear these licks used in one form or another. You need a foundation, a comfort zone if you will, a place to go back to thats familiar. Thats what the Improv Page will give you. After you have committed these licks to memory, add to them and build.. Thats called your "Bag of Tricks" licks and tricks you can pull out and use at any given time. When you learn to improvise "compose and perform without preparation, to make do with what ever is at hand" you will be way ahead of the game. Bends, Shakes, Trills, Overblows, Slides, Triplets, all add to it. A favorite trick of mine is throwing in the "Low Rider Lick" when I can make it fit, it almost always gets rise out of a crowd. One thing to remember, you should never stop learning. Listen, Listen, Listen and Play.
The Blues Legends who wrote the Book on this stuff wouldnt know a midi file from a mouse. They followed other players, listened, and most important, spent time with the Instrument.......
Hope this helps ya, and Keep The Blues Alive....................

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]