Re: "Valved" Harmonica

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by JC on January 12, 2003 at 07:11:05:

In Reply to: Re: "Valved" Harmonica posted by Slim Jim on January 11, 2003 at 19:55:22:

: : I recently acquired a bag full of harps from my Uncle's estate. About 10 of these are Suzuki ProMaster 350s (absolutely beautiful).

: : All but one of these is in a grey case: the last one is in a yellowish case stamped with the word "VALVED". The harmonica itself is also stamped with the word "VALVED" but appears otherwise identical to the rest.

: : Does anyone know what this means or what is different about this harmonica?

: : Thanks,

: : JC
: Hey means that the harp has wind saver flaps or valves on the reeds to make them easier to bend. go to Planetharmonica and check out the how to on valving harps for a full explination with instructions on doing this yourself.This will give you full understanding of the term valved harp. Slim Jim

Thanks Slim! I've been able to bend the 2 and 4 draws but not the 3. Maybe I'll sanitize that one and try it out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[an error occurred while processing this directive]