Re: any way around a tube amp?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by CKBlues on April 09, 2002 at 11:45:03:

In Reply to: any way around a tube amp? posted by Catfish on April 08, 2002 at 23:19:29:

: after playing acoustic for a few years i'm now in the market for a new electric rig. as a student, though, the problem is $$$. a fine amp for harp can be costly. this leads to a couple questions:

: 1 - any good cheap amps out there big enough for a small venue (in case i should want to go to an open jam)?

: 2 - a post from bluzharper--god bless your knowledgeable soul--a while back ( discussed going straight to the PA through an overdrive pedal. i already own a small combo, just not one that does harp justice. obviously, buying a tube screamer/blues driver to run into it would be cheaper than buying a 59 bassman. has anyone else found bawling tone running a pedal into a crappy amp?

: i thank you in advance for your help.
: Catfish

I use an Ibanez tubescreamer straight through the P.A. with a green bullet.You can run whatever you want on the P.A. side IE;clean or a little reverb etc...Then hit the peddal and get all the raunchy distortion you need.The peddal cost me 60.00 at the local music store.A shure sm58 is also a decent all around mic for low bucks.Good luck and keep playin no matter what!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[an error occurred while processing this directive]