Re: Replacing the G harp with a Chromonica 64 in C?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on March 31, 2002 at 14:26:37:

In Reply to: Re: Replacing the G harp with a Chromonica 64 in C? posted by Erik W. on March 31, 2002 at 13:54:26:

: Thnx for your answer Bluzharper.

: I guess you dont use Chromatic harps then?
: I know a Canadian Harp&Chicagoblues-player called HarpdogBrown (www.harpdogbrown.com)
: He plays both diatonic and Chromonica - Learned to know him in another online-community. I gotta ask him when he is comming back from tour.

: Best wishes Erik W.

Erik,
Ive messed with them, have a Hering Musselwhite and a Hohner 270. There are some simple tricks you can do Blues wise on a Chrom that really sound cool using the diatonic style of playing, especially in third position. Ive seen lots of players pull these off. I also pay attention to the number of players who pose with Chroms for Promo Shots and CD covers, ect. Hey, they look a lot Cooler than the little Diatonic. Players like "Paul Delay" have all but Mastered the Chrom, not to take anything away from Harpdogbrown. Keep in mind theres a big difference between playing Chromatically, in half tones, and being able to read sheet music, and just playing Blues on a Chromatic.

When I played Guitar this was the running Joke, "How to you get a Guitar Player to turn down the volume?....Sheet Music".

Best to You Erik......Keep the Blues Alive...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]