Re: Buzz in key of C

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Jezzmund on March 29, 2002 at 12:45:05:

In Reply to: Buzz in key of C posted by J. Harris on March 28, 2002 at 18:16:44:

: Do I just have bad luck in my first two purchases of harmonicas or does a harmonica in the key of C naturally have a buzz around wholes 1 and 2? My first purchase was a cheap Pocket Pal and I just bought a Lee Oskar (through this site to help support it) and I get a buzz on both of them.

Mmmmmm, I'm trying to imagine what the buzz sounds like. Trying my C harp (SP20) I get what could be described as a buzz. It's kind of a vibration. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same sound. However, I totally dig the feeling I get from the low notes--especially on a G or A harp. Sometimes I just breathe softly in and out through the 1-2-3 chord-- very soothing!!
If you want to know whether it's "you or the harp" try playing the questionable holes as part of a chord. You will be able to tell if there is a difference between that and the sound of the individual notes. My guess is that it's either a normal sound or your technique, not the harps.
Blow your brains out,
Jezzmund

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]