Re: chuck em or use em

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ed on March 26, 2002 at 16:45:33:

In Reply to: Re: chuck em or use em posted by Ron on March 26, 2002 at 13:27:38:

: Niether. Keep them but put them aside for now. Go get yourself a Lee Oskar or a Special 20 (both of which have plastic combs)in the key of C. Your harps have wood combs. You will learn much easier using a plastic comb harp and C is a kinda "middle of the road" key. The low notes on low key harps can be hard to play and the high notes on high key harps can be hard to play. C is kinda the easiest to play at first. Your Bluesharp is most likely fine. You are just

having a VERY, VERY, VERY common beginners problem of getting clean draw notes out of 2 and 3.

: Good luck and have fun!!!!

: Ron

: : I am brand new to the harp, I bought 2 harps , the Hohner bluesband in "c"(paid 5 bucks for it in a music store and a Hohner bluesharp in "g" (paid 20 bucks) before I found this site. Should I use em or chuck em. The 3 hole on the 20 dollar harp sounds crappy when I draw on it.

Thanks for the advise guys, I bought the Lee Oskar in C, to get off on the right foot and to support the page. I have a job where I often spend 8 to 10 hours by myself and I alway wanted to play the harp, I dabbled about 25 years ago, (I am 48) and it looks like I will finally have time to do it. Thanks Ed

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]