Re: DOES ANYONE DO THIS?? AND IF SO, HOW??

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on March 26, 2002 at 13:37:47:

In Reply to: DOES ANYONE DO THIS?? AND IF SO, HOW?? posted by Jeff on March 26, 2002 at 09:42:06:

Playing by ear is no big secret. Can you whistle a tune that you are familiar with? If so, you are whistling by ear. You can do this with a harp. You just have to get used to where all of the right notes are. Start with simple tunes that you know really well (maybe like three blind mice or twinkle twinkle little star). Just mess around until you get it. You don't even have to worry about what key you are playing in unless you are trying to play along with a record or another musician.

Try this. Grab your harp in whatever key. Try to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Tip: the song starts out on the 4 hole blow. Work at it for a while. If you are really struggling go to the "tabs" section of this web site and look under "kids." The tab for Twinkle Twinkle is there. Once you really get to know the harp this will get easier and easier.

Good luck and have fun!

Ron

: I sometimes hear about people playing music "by ear". How do they do this? Are they familiar with all the various musical notes or something? When I hear about people doing this, I think of when you're just doing the "do ah didi dums" in your head to a song, and are able to put that into musical notes or tabs or whatever? Am I right? Or way off? How can I learn to do this? Is there any good websites or software?

: THANKS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]