Re: Playing a melody and the chording

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Ron on March 25, 2002 at 07:11:35:

In Reply to: Re: Playing a melody and the chording posted by Ron on March 25, 2002 at 07:08:38:

I fogot to mention that you can buy Jerry Portnoy's Blues Harmonica Masterclass on this site!

: Hi there,

: One great resource that teaches this playing style is the Jerry Portnoy "Blues Harmonica Masterclass" instructional material. Specifically, CD 1 of this 3 CD set will teach you how to play single note melodies with chord rythms behind the melody. I was suprised to find out how easy it is to do and I now use it all the time in both blues styles and "campfire" styles of playing. This material requires that you use an A harp so you will need to purchase one of those. If you get serious about playing harp you are likely to buy lots of harps so don't feel bad about buying an A harp now even though you already have a C harp.

: Blues Harmonica Masterclass will bring you from beginner to advanced if you are willing to work at it. The second CD will teach you how to bend notes which is an essential skill of blues harmonica.

: Jerry Portnoy is a great instructor as well as a great musician. I have found that some great musicians are not really great instructors. I found that I learned easily from Jerry's carefully worded instruction. His audio demonstrations are also excellent.

: One thing to note, the Blues Harmonica Masterclass focuses on technique. It will not provide you with lots of melodies to play. Hopefully you will learn to play melodies by ear. If you do, you will be able to apply the skills that you learn with Masterclass to any melody.

: Good luck and have fun!

: Ron

: : Hi everybody,

: : I have a C diatonic harmonica and I am looking for material to make practice for playing a melody and the chording behind it at the same time.
: : In particular, I need more information on methods and then exercises, tabs, scores, audio file, video, better if available on Internet.
: : Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]