Posted by Bluzharper on March 18, 2002 at 03:42:28:
In Reply to: Learning to play/ cleaning my harmonica posted by Doug on March 17, 2002 at 16:34:59:
: Two things. Someone recently gave me a harmonica. I'd like to know the best teaching aids available or any other suggestions to learn. Second, I'd like to clean it properly before I start using it.
First off welcome to the Best Harp site for learning on the net.
1. I would highly recommend getting a new harp, key of C to start with.
2. Read thru this site first.
3. Decide what type of music it is you want to play, and listen to your favorite artists.
4. Noodle with the Harp every chance you get. Like any endeavor the more you put in, the more you get out.
5. Stay in touch, keep the questions coming. There are some very helpful people on this site, and we just love Harmonica, and helping others.
6. Keep it Fun, play for yourself, and dont get frustrated. Like learning any musical instrument, there will be what we call walls. Like making a single note, making a bend. You have to break thru these walls. Thats what seperates musicians from everyone else. They take the time to attack these walls from every angle and break thru. You have to want it.
Best of Luck and again, Welcome........Bluz
Post a Followup