Re: You've got to hide your love away + Bending

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Harpguy77 on March 17, 2002 at 11:47:34:

In Reply to: Re: You've got to hide your love away + Bending posted by Kevbo on March 16, 2002 at 23:14:23:

Much like all the instruction, once you finally nail the "bend" you'll wonder why/how you weren't able to do it before. The easiest bend to learn is the 4 Draw, on a C harp (my opinion). Get a good, clean 4 draw. Right in the middle of the note, move your tongue back and forth. We're all different but I think you'll notice a slight difference in pitch. Experiment, moving your tongue so it's back, kinda touching your back teeth. Moving it forward and down in your mouth should change the pitch some. Again, you'll find what works best for you. Another instruction tool I bought was Mel Bay's Complete Classic Chicago Blues. They have a cross section drawing of the mouth and the different locations of the tongue during a bend note and regular note. That helped me as well. I remember the day I first nailed a good, solid bend note. It was awesome and I also felt like "hey, why couldn't I do that before?" I make conscience effort to practice bends for a few minutes every day. I'm at the point were I can get most of the bend notes along the harp. Still having some trouble with the 3 bend but I'm sure that'll come. Best of luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]