Re: Recording Quality on Doug Puls tapes -pls read...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by GTLee on February 01, 2002 at 10:28:28:

In Reply to: Suggestions for lessons on CD.... posted by GTLee on February 01, 2002 at 06:38:57:

In response to my post on another forum, Doug Puls quickly responded:

In response to Lee's comments about my instruction tapes
1. It is my policy to satisfy customers . I am truly sorry to hear Lee has
had a problem with my products.
If Lee will contact me at: cdpuls@a..., we can work something out.
2. About 1 1/2 year ago we discovered a bad batch of tapes. We thought we
caught them all . Apparently some "got away". Now. my wife and I check and
double check each tape/Cd before it goes out to make sure that it has no
3. I have completely remastered and virtually redone ALL of my products and
transferred the material to Cd to increase recording quality.
4. All customers receive an e mail from me stating that they have me as
their online teacher and are invited to contact me with any problems they may
have including quality problems if they happen to occur.
5. I now have over 400 satisfied student/customers who contact me
periodically with questions which I am happy and eager to answer.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Doug Puls

----> And following is my response to Doug....

Thank you for your response to my post, although please understand it was not my intention in the post to complain about your product, rather I was simply stating my experience with the various training materials I have used in hoping to get suggestions for further learning products. The time frame you give of 1-1/2 years ago is about right. At the time I recieved the tapes my life and work was in such turmoil that I simply didn't have the time or inclination to deal with it, and after things calmed down, so much time had passed I just let it go. Although you were remiss in allowing your quality control to slip and let a defective product be shipped, the fault is even more with me, since I didn't call you on it. How could you know if I didn't tell you?

Anyway, Doug, I hope you don't think that I was crying on a public forum about your product without notifying you first, to be honest, I had already just written it off. I would like to get the tapes replaced with the remastered CDs you mentioned - if you'll email me with a proceedure to follow for doing so and if there would be any price difference. Normally if a supplier to me screws up, I would expect replacement, shipping and more to be free, but in this case, since so much time has elasped by my own fault, I posted on a public forum complaints about your product, and since you obviously care about customer satisfaction, I don't mind paying whatever may be fair and reasonable shipping and price differences.

Thank you,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

[an error occurred while processing this directive]