I'll answer this for Bluzharper...

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Stan Besaw on January 15, 2002 at 15:16:41:

In Reply to: Why not just say that you DON'T KNOW? posted by Jeff on January 15, 2002 at 14:45:53:

Because my friend, his answer is correct. Huey plays standard 10 hole diatonics, most likely Marine Bands or Special 20's, possibly Lee Oskars, but it just doesn't matter. Huey's playing is what you're hearing and not the harmonica brand or make. In the last 25 years or so I've done blindfold tests with pro harp players, studio engineers, producers, and fellow musicians of the different types of comb makes (wood, plastic, metal) and brands. No one, not even the pro harp players can tell the difference when they are not looking.

I wish there was some magic to the make or brand of harmonica, but there is none. Just don't get a cheap one.

Good luck,
Stan

: : : I was wondering if you happened to know what make and model of harmonica Huey plays??

: : : THANKS

: : : JEFF

: : Like most harp players, many makes and models. Its not like the Stevie Ray strat thing. A harp or guitar is only a tool. Its how good a craftsman you are when you put it to work. IMHO Huey is not the greatest harp player. He gets the job done, but theres nothing new or inovative happening there. Hes a Great Frontman for one of Americas most sucessful Garage Bands. He says that himself. Their secert is they love to play and are all very good friends......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]