Re: Any advice would be appreciated

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Pete on December 30, 2001 at 16:09:23:

In Reply to: Re: Any advice would be appreciated posted by Bluzharper on December 30, 2001 at 08:27:31:

: : A friend of mine received a kareoke machine By the way, his vocals and guitar sounded great. He sang thru the same mic I had. I hate to think that it sounds that bad live-- Thanks-- Pete

: Hey Pete,
: Lets look at a few things, did you cup the mic to the harp? With no reverb or echo, a harp can sound sterile. Even when playing thru a PA you can add some mid and clip to the sound. I would try playing away from the mic say 6" to 10" get some hand vibrato going, or if you have the gear, mic what ever small amp you may have and play thru it, then record. What ever you do dont give up. Hope this helps and get back with us on the results.. Best to You......Bluz

Thanks Bluz for the quick response. I'll try what you said when we get together again on Wed. nite. I'll let you know the results as I did cup the mic like you stated. Thanks again for the tips and I'll get back. Also -- have a happy and healthy new year-- Pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]