Whisltle method first so that you can learn to bend notes

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bill Phelb on December 27, 2001 at 02:21:11:

In Reply to: Whistle or tongue method for playing single notes? posted by Jenny on December 18, 2001 at 01:19:22:

Jenny- Whisltle method first so that you can learn to bend notes. TBlocking later for special effects. After about about 20 years of playing, I haven't seen a single Mel Bay book worth a damn. Use this site or go with Gindick books. Anyone that recommends tongue blocking for beginners that want to play diatonic and learn to bend, needs to either get out of the business or actually teach at least a few hundred beginners to play before trying to write a book.

Best wishes,
Bill

: Hi. I've been training myself to play. I can do single notes pretty well with the whistle method. It works for me, and I've memorized several songs. (But I haven't learned chords or bending yet.) I got a Mel Bay book recently that sez You Must Use The Tongue Method! I find it discouraging cuz I'd have to learn all over again to play single notes. That new method is a challenge. I guess I should start learning it eventually, but shouldn't I learn to play chords first?
: Thanks! Jenny

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]