i'm alergic to my harmonica!....No, Seriously.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by pendulips on December 12, 2001 at 20:18:30:

Ok, So I'm alergic to nickel--the metal not the unpopular denomination of currency. I've known this for a long time. If my skin is exposed to nickel for long periods of time It gets red and puffy and other repulsive things and it's difficult to make it go away. there's more nickel around than people think (i.e. buttons, jewelry, keys, watchband buckles, etc.) because a nickel coating makes otherwise dull metal shine, so I have to be careful.

When I got my Hohner pocket pal, I was not careful.

I practiced for about two days straight. Learned a lot and had a blast.

On the third day the reaction began. My lips swelled up to the size of small balloons and (not to be repulsive, just truthful) oozed a thin liquid. I looked like the love child of mick jagger and angelina jolie gone terribly, terribly wrong. I had to call in sick because my lips were too big to leave the house. Really, just didn't want to be seen.

I know the pocket pal is about as cheap as they come, but I don't want to buy another harmonica that may be nickel plated or a nickel alloy. I couldn't find any specs on the pocket pal, but I thought it was supposed to be brass.

right now I'm playing with black electric tape along the edge of my harp, looks cool but I'm afraid it affects the sound and the top edges are getting sticky.

What do you good folks suggest (besides learning to play a less contact-intensive instrument like the theremin)?

Help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]