The Portnoy set is now available through our Store

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Webmaster- Harmonica Lessons.com on December 05, 2001 at 01:01:53:

In Reply to: Re: Instructional tapes/cd's posted by Ron on December 04, 2001 at 05:57:04:

We just added the "Jerry Portnoy's Blues Harmonica Masterclass" to our STORE: Additional Instruction (link below).
-----
Auntie- Keep in mind, the Portnoy is very Chicago Blues oriented and not the best choice for someone that merely wants to learn harmonica to play songs.

The Jon Gindick "Absolute Beginner Video" would be our recommendation for your niece for straight forward basic instruction. The Gindick "Rock n' Blues" Book/CD would also be a good choice based on the usefulness of the included audio CD. Use the link below to visit our Store.

Play on,
Webmaster

: I have been using Jerry Portnoy's Blues Harmonica Master Class and love it. It is an instructional package that consists of 3 audio CDs and a booklet. The booklet is just a minor piece of the package and everything in the booklet is covered in the CDs. The instruction focuses on playing techniques wich can be adapted to any playing style. Beginner through advanced techniques are covered. Mr. Portnoy is a contemporary master. Some folks who are masters at their craft can't necessarily teach it effectively. Mr. Portnoy is an extremely effective teacher. As you can tell, I highly recommend this instructional package!

: Ron

: : I have a 14 yo niece who has been playing harmonica for about 2 yrs. She is totally blind and cannot get instructional books in braille. Can anyone suggust instructional tapes or cd's that she can listen too. Her taste in music is varied.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]