Re: Confused about song keys and 2nd position key

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Rich on November 29, 2001 at 14:13:10:

In Reply to: Confused about song keys and 2nd position key posted by New2 on November 27, 2001 at 00:37:00:

JJ. I play mostly straight (1st position ) harp. I would actually play the song with a C harp.. I wouldn't have the bluesy sound of 2nd position but could play the entire melody as it sounds. Easier for me.
Rich

: i was looking thru the list of songs/ CD's on the site where it tells you what key the song is in, and played in, etc. and i am a little confused about something...

: I read all the stuff about 2nd position, so i think i get that. (it is basically what part of the harp you are using.)

: Where the songs are listed it says what key the song is in and then what key it is played in (in 2nd position) what i dont understand is this....
: say it has the song key listed as "C" and the key it is played in as "F"(2nd position) , wich key of hramonica should you play it with? a harmonica in the key of "C" or "F"? (this was the case for Aerosmith's "amazing")

: Way confused on this one. I mean does it mean you play it with a harp that is in the key of "C", but when playing it in 2nd position it becomes the key of "F"?

: Or does it mean the song is in the key of "C". but the harp solos are in the key of "F" (and therfore you should use a harp in the key of "F")? ....wich doesnt really make sense to me, but i am (like i said) way confused.. lol

: Any help much appreciated :)
: JJ
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]