Re: amp & mic question

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bluzharper on November 28, 2001 at 15:13:06:

In Reply to: amp & mic question posted by Johnny Houser on November 27, 2001 at 15:20:13:

: I am wanting to get that dirty/gritty mississippi blues tone. I own the shure green bullet mic, but what would be a good amp to get? I want to get a almost sax sound, but still be able to play really clean also.

Dont we all want those sounds. The thing to keep in mind, a large part of that sound comes from the player, not the amp. The way you cup the mic and harp.

As far as amps go, they run the gamut. I recently purchased a 60s-70s era Tru-Tone amp for under $40 at an antique mall. Its all tube, has an 8" speaker and sounds awesome. On the other end of the scale are $2000 to $3000 amps built for harp. Go figure. I would go with a Fender all tube amp. Some good choices are, starting fom low to high price are Silver Face Champ, Princeton, Pro Junior, Blues Junior, Blues Delux, Reverb, Blues Deville, and Bassman ReIssue...

I really enjoy walkin into a club, getting asked to play, and walking up to a mic and pulling a Harp out of my pocket and blowing thru the PA. When you can pull that off, amps dont matter much..

All the Best to Ya, and Good Luck with your Amp quest.......Bluz

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]