Re: may be a strange question.. :-)

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Bill on November 17, 2001 at 21:59:49:

In Reply to: may be a strange question.. :-) posted by h_kaze on November 16, 2001 at 20:31:09:

: Hi, thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. I have a different question this time though.. and maybe even a little strang...

: does anyone have problem with their lips dry up really fast? :^) Now that I can repeat and play a couple of songs, I find that my lips dry up really quickly, or quicker then I would like it to be. For example, "when the saints come marching in", at the standard pace. I find that I can't really repeated it more then twice in a row, with my lip not leaving the harmonica, before my lips are all dried up and starting to stick to the harmonica and cause my notes to go incorrectly. Is there actually a way to make the harmonica more... uh... slippery? I know I can lick my lips that that just makes it dry faster, after a couple of times. ^^

: I hope this question is not too strange/weird. :^)

:
: btw, I really found that the starting harmonica is so important. I followed the advice on this site and got me a Lee Oskar for starting up. It costed me 3x more then my previous attempts to learn on really cheap Chinese made ones, which broke in a week and hard to play. :-) Now I am a happy beginner with a pretty slick harmonica.. hehehe. :)

Not a strange problem at all. Here are a few suggestions: Drink lots of water - good for health and keeps you hydrated. Put the harmonica in your mouth further, rather than kissing the harmonica, sandwich it between you lips so that you can let go with you hands and it stays put. This will increase moisture contact and give you better tone! Think of Tabasco sauce or Jalapeno peppers when you play... This should help.

Keep it up, it's a long, yet rewarding road!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]