Re: My G Lee Oskar Harp Sucks

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Jezzmund on November 12, 2001 at 17:49:20:

In Reply to: Re: My G Lee Oskar Harp Sucks posted by Ron on November 11, 2001 at 04:49:56:

: Hi Jay,

: One of the reasons that your LO G harp may not sound as good as your other harps in different keys is that the G is the lowest key (unless you get a low F). The reeds on the low end of any G harp are longer and harder to work than the low end reeds in other keys. The low holes of a G harp are especially hard to draw and bend. You may find that your Special 20 sounds bad too until you really nail your technique. Both Special 20s and Lee Oskars are very well made harps and you should eventually be able to get very good sound from both. I have a Speceal 20 in G and a Lee Oskar in G and they both seem to respond pretty similarly.

: Have fun and keep harpin!

: Ron

This is a great thread for me since just this week I picked up my LO in G (which I usually just glare at and wish I could make a decent note come out of anything lower than a 4 blow)to the exclusion of all my other harps. I am determined to figure that harp out if it's the last thing I do!! I am starting to make it work, slowly but surely. I find that if I use ONLY my diaphram to draw with (no mouth action whatsoever) I get a good tone. I still need to figure out how to get the volume up.
In any case, I was curious as to whether a Hohner would play more easily, and was contemplating buying one is G to see if it made a difference. Sounds like Ron would say not, so I thank you for saving me $20.
FWIW, I like the LO for playability, but prefer the sound of the Hohners, especially the Golden Melody.
Blow your brains out,
Jezzmund

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]