Re: blues harp in the move "Crossroads"

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by jazzharp on November 09, 2001 at 08:34:10:

In Reply to: Re: blues harp in the move "Crossroads" posted by Walt on September 30, 2001 at 11:05:14:

: Thanks! What I really liked about the song in that scene is that there is only the harmonica playing and it stands on its own really well.

: Do you know of any CDs that have really good tracks of harmonica solos with no accompaniment?

: Walt

:
: : : I saw part of a movie called Crossroads--it was kind of like "The Karate Kid", only it was the blues instead of karate.

: : : There was a scene where a young guy with a passion for the blues sneaks the old blues man out of whatever institutional place (looked kind of like a hospital).
: : : When the young guy first walked into the blues man's room to get him, he was really wailing on a harmonica. Obviously, the blues man was faking the harmonica playing.

: : : Does anyone here know who was really playing that blues harp music and have recommendations on CDs?

: : : Thanks!

: : : Walt

: : sonny terry played harp on 2 tracks [crossroads & walkin away blues] other harp players were john "duke" logan [willie brown blues] and a guy called frank frost [cotton needs pickin].crossroads was a originaly wrote by robert johnson.the film is a haunting tale of the search for blues legend robert johnson's famous lost song.the film is well worth watching and has a brillient sound track.
: : john [uk]

John "Juke" Logan is the name of the person playing on Willie Brown Blues. He has a website. He was also the instructor for the actor in the movie, and had to teach him how to hold it. Juke's a buddy of mine from LA.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]