Re: the best?

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on September 22, 2001 at 17:34:06:

In Reply to: Re: the best? posted by scotty vidrine on September 22, 2001 at 13:56:02:

: : Paul butterfield is the best followed by willam clarke. check out butterfields self titled album and one called east west, two all around great albums. great william clarke albums are groove time and one titled the hard way. both are prime examples of what the blues should be. happy listening

: Don't think ya'll mentioned Big Walter Horton, one of the best players ever

Hey guys,
You provoked me...Now it's time for me to roll up my sleeves...and dust off some vintage recordings and contribute a dime's worth of some free opinions...
There are countless names that have been overlooked. Naming just a few, let's not forget:
Larry Adler (1914-2001) - a soloist
Jerry Murad (1915-1996) - one of the Harmonicats
John Mayall - a prominent British blues musician
Brian Jones (1942-1969) - of the Rolling Stones
John Sebastian (1914-1980) - a classical harmonicist (the John Sebastian of the Lovin'Spoonful is his son)
Claude Garden - another incredible classical harmonicist
Tommy Morgan - a Hollywood session man whose playing has been featured in films and recordings by such artists as Dean Martin, Neil Diamond, Linda Ronstadt, Henry Mancini, the Beach Boys and others
Howard Levi - a jazz player, who is an innovator and a well-round player and instructor
Stevie Wonder - no introduction needed
Kim Wilson - the Fabulous Thunderbirds
I could go on and on and on, but at the moment, my wife wants me to get off of this computer, so I'll let you guys off...
And apologise for overlooking some incredible players.
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]