Re: single note nightmare

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Posted by Patrick J. McKenna on September 19, 2001 at 20:37:55:

In Reply to: Re: single note nightmare posted by NewB on September 19, 2001 at 10:05:41:

: hey Trnewman. dont worry about it im on the same boat and its getting frustrating but keep at it man im strating to learn popey lol and im so exited about it. even do i dont have to much time to practice i make the best of it and no your not to old to learn lol.. El NEWb
:

Hey guys,
You'll both be bending notes by the time that you're 49!
Seriously, check out this site thoroughly and regularly and you'll soon be making a lot of music.
Playing single notes is not really that difficult. IMHO, the tongue block method is the best way to play those single notes. My advice is to start with your thumbs. Here's one way to learn:
1. Pick up your C harp
2. Cover hole #3 with your left thumb and at the same time, cover hole #5 with your right thumb.
3. With hole #4 exposed, gently blow into hole #4.
4. Become very familiar with this sound. You are playing the C note.
5. Now hold the harmonica like the pro that you're
on the path at becoming. The thumbs are clear.
6. Place the tip of your tongue to the left of the C note that you learned while on step 4.
7. Once you are playing that single C note correctly, learn to play the scale. Play each note clearly.
8. Take it further and learn how to play some melodies. If you're still playing such classics as "Old MacDonald Had A Farm," it's all part of the process of learning...and developing an ear for music.
9. Practice and practice on a regular basis. Whether you practice for 30 mintutes or three hours, do not interrupt your practice time. No breaks, except maybe if the break is brief and a regular part of your practice session.
10. Make sure that your practice time is productive (i.e., a learning experience) and fun!
Wishing you success in your endeavors,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]